Mimosa ,expert help required

Phil Whitehead p_whitehead at icrf.icnet.uk
Fri Oct 6 06:22:58 EST 1995

 My six y/o son and I have planted seeds of the sensitive plant mimosa
pudica,
Ihave every confidence that we will get plants butthen my problems will
start because being inquisitive he will want to know how the leavs fold
down. Dads ofcourse are meant to know everything unfortunatly this one
hasn,t got a clue about movement in plants.
could any of you botanists explain this phenomina in language that a simple
bio chemist can understand so that I can maintain my status as font of all
(useless )information.

please reply by E-Mail

phil whitehead