Post-Doc Position

Jerome Giraudat giraudat at trefle.isv.cnrs-gif.fr
Wed Oct 11 05:16:21 EST 1995

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION - ABSCISIC ACID SIGNALLING - Gif sur Yvette, France

(Please post in your Department; or if you know someone who might be
interested, please pass this information on.)

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position to study the
perception/transduction of the plant hormone abscisic acid.

Our Group is located in the Institut des Sciences Vegetales (ISV) on a large
campus of the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS),in Gif-sur-
Yvette (10 miles from Paris), France.

The successful applicant will join an active group currently using a variety of
techniques to tackle ABA signalling. We are using primarily Arabidopsis as a
model system for combining genetics and molecular biology. We are presently
characterizing the "ABA-Insensitive" ABI1 and ABI3 genes (that we cloned by map-
based approaches), and their corresponding proteins. Also, we are engaged in
various screens to isolate new mutants affecting ABA perception and
transduction.This genetic approach should lead to a more comprehensive
description of the ABA signalling network that operates at the whole plant
level. These mutants will provide further tools for molecular studies and
eventually extended to ABA signalling at the single cell level.

[Review articles: Giraudat (1995) Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 7:232-238 ; Giraudat J
et al. (1994) Plant Mol. Biol. 26: 1557-15772.
Recent publications from our lab: Leung et al. (1994) Science 264: 1448-1452;
Parcy et al. (1994) The Plant Cell 6: 1567-1582;  Vartanian et al (1994) Plant
Physiol. 104: 761-767; Gosti et al. (1995) Mol. Gen. Genet. 246:10-18.;
Armstrong et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA., in press. ]

The candidate will join one of the above projects, depending on his/her
experience and personal interests. Prior experience in genetics or cellular
biology would be appreciated, but prior work with plants is not required.

I am looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who is also a
good team-worker.

Position is available as soon as an appropriate candidate is identified.
Initial appointment is for one year with possibility for extension up to three
years total.

For further information, please contact me (preferably by email, alternatively
by FAX or regular mail).

Please provide a curriculum vitae + list of publications, a brief statement of
your research interests and names of three references.

Jerome GIRAUDAT

Institut des Sciences Vegetales
CNRS
91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex