Accessions of uniculm wheat

Jens Weibull jens at ngb.se
Mon Oct 16 05:31:08 EST 1995

I recently got a request from Dr S. Haley but have been unable to assist.
Can anybody give him a hand?

Dear Colleagues,
I am trying to find some "uniculm" wheat germplasm. I contacted the NSGC
in Aberdeen, Idaho, and was told that there are no uniculm wheat
accessions in the USDA collection. I searched the GrainGenes database and
found records for two wheats, one called "Uniculm 492" (from Israel?) and
one called "Uniculm" (from Japan?). I would appreciate some help in
finding either of these two uniculm wheats, or any others that someone
might have.
Thanks in advance,

Scott D. Haley
Winter Wheat Breeding/Genetics