zizyphus jujuba

Marj Tiefert marj at biosym.com
Fri Oct 20 13:12:14 EST 1995

In article <NEWTNews.6212.814084428.da at Jerusalem.netvision.net.il>, hovav <deshe at netvision.net.il> writes:

|> In article <45pt91$2t4 at swing.iinet.net.au>, <pcic at ois.com.au> writes:
|> > Can anyone help with a link on the web to info on this plant.  It is a
|> > type of deciduous plact - a chinese date.  We are looking to import if
|> > possible.
|>
|> Are you sure you are not mixing 2 plants here ?
|> the JUJUba plant is a slow growing evergrean that has a seed the size of a
|> small olive and the seed is harvested for oils.

Are _you_ sure? I think you're probably thinking of jojoba here
(name = Simmonsia sinensis or something like that...)

shalom/salaam,

Marj Tiefert, Biosym/MSI, San Diego, California,  USA
marj at biosym.com <-- this is correct, auto-reply could be wrong

What has man of his own to give to his fellow-man, but his own
thoughts and feelings, and his observations, so far as they are
modified by his own thoughts or feelings?
                                --S. T. Coleridge (1772-1834)

   http://www.lib.virginia.edu/etext/stc/Coleridge/stc.html