Maarten van Helden Maarten.vanhelden at
Mon Oct 23 07:27:45 EST 1995

In article <E0181002220650156088000149 at TEXAS>, petor at says...
>Hello Everyone!
>I have one peperomia leaf. I put it into water and it is currently putting
>out some roots. Is it like with African Violets that I have to wait for
>some small leaves to appear?
>Please help!

Just carefully plant the leaves in some good potting soil. water sparsely but
keep humidity high (e.g. in a plastic bag). Then wait, new plants will appear
as soon as the roots can give enought water for the single leaf to start
growing adventitious shoots. So yes, basically like african violets. Actually
the water step is not really necessary, you could have planted them in soil