Need Info on Transplanting Pampas Grass

Georgia Grant & Paul Atkins pvangrg at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 3 23:10:17 EST 1995

In <421m81$4rf at usenet1.interramp.com> Gary Poyssick
<Courseware at interramp.com> writes:

>It's very strong. Simply chop the fronds to the ground, dig it up,
move
>it to a well-prepared hole somewhere else, and it will be bigger than
>ever in about six weeks. Best done in the springtime though. Give it
>lots of sun and feed it with a high phosphorus fertilizer starting
about
>two weeks after the transplant.

As a volunteer doing habitat restoration in the San Francisco Bay area,
I find it difficult to believe that anyone would want to grow pampas
grass.  It is a terribly invasive plant and crowds out native plants.

Also from my non-professional observations, it also seems to leach out
the soil where it grows.

Georgia