GLYCOSYLATION

Bill Langridge bLangridge at ccmail.llu.edu
Wed Sep 13 14:56:53 EST 1995

Can anyone tell me if the glycosylation pattern is similar between
plants and mammalian viruses? For example if I wanted to make a
mammalian virus coat protein in plants, would the glycosylation pattern
be likely to be the same as found in the viral protein? If I wanted to
make the viral protein in other systems such as the  baculovirus, or
the Pichia systems,  would it be more likely to be properly
glycosylated in one or the other of the two systems?