Cost Redwood Sequoia Sempervirens

Bernard Delobel delobel at
Tue Sep 19 09:58:41 EST 1995

In article <DF4KnJ.I5u at>, dfontaine at
("Douglas Fontaine") wrote:

> Whilst on holiday in California I purchased twelve Redwood seeds, I think
> that they are Sequoia Sempervirens, they come from the coast Big Sur
> area, one of the twelve has germinated, and is growing well.
> Can anyone advise me on the best way of looking after it? I live in Essex
> England. The climate is temperate, however we do get frosts in the winter
> but not often below -5c. Will it survive outside?

> Best Regards To The Inhabitant Of This Planet
> Doug
A lot of very big Sequoia sempervirens grow in England France and Belgium,
and in the east part of France it may grow at 1000meter altitude in places
were winter temperature fall under 20 degree centigrade

bernard delobel
laboratoire de biologie
69621 villeurbanne cedex