question... how did/where did you get into botany?

the kat in the hat kayers at
Tue Apr 2 06:54:04 EST 1996

I'm curious... I an a junior at Bryn Mawr college and recently changed my
major from biology to anthropology.  Unfortunately, although I was able
to take some plant classes at Swarthmore (plant physiology, systematic
my physics requirement just crushed me.  I think the most viable career
I graduate would for me to get into publishing, BUT I have always and still

want to get into botany... How did you all decide to specialize?  In high
school, college, graduate school?  I'm toying with the thought of going
to grad school after I spend some time in the real world after college...
and what did you do to actually get into BOTANY as opposed to biology?

Hope this isn't too off-track..
Please send email if you feel that this question is not relevant to
discussions in this newsgroup.

kayers at

"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her."

"He that plants trees loves others beside himself."
-Thomas Fuller
whyever should we care.. if there are arrows in the air..?