Herb used in Vietnamese cooking?

Brad Daniels daniels at Starbase.NeoSoft.COM
Tue Apr 2 22:44:45 EST 1996

In article <4jse6h$sqg at minerva.worldbank.org>,  <KP> wrote:
>   I'll give it a shot: the herb is called "Rau Om"
>or "Ngo` Om". They're used for "Canh Chua" Soup.

I think that is the name of one of the dishes it came in, so that's
probably the right herb...  I'm actually trying to get the plant
itself if possible.  I thought it would make a nice addition to my herb
garden...  I live in Houston, which definitely qualifies as a hot and wet
place (most of the time, anyway.)  I tried getting a few sprigs of the
fresh herb from a local restaurant, but I wasn't able to get them to root.
If I can find the scientific name of the plant, I may be able to get a nursery
to special-order some seeds.

Thanks for the info on the Vietnamese name!

- Brad
--
Brad Daniels			|  "Let others praise ancient times.
daniels at neosoft.com		|   I am glad I was born in these."