HELP! Gnats in houseplants/soil taking over!!!!!!

Maria spider at Rt66.com
Mon Apr 8 01:22:59 EST 1996

In article <3164E7EA.1253 at dartmouth.edu>, sheilatrask at dartmouth.edu
says...

>Kevin Bryant wrote:
>>
>> Our houseplants are being over-run by these nasty little gnats that
>> are literally EVERYWHERE.

This is a question I have had at times, and it seems they only appear
when my plants are unhealthy, or stressed, and primarily on only those
plants.  some of your other responses have indicated they are fungus
gnats.  I recently came across some information that fungus in potted
plant soil can be controlled by using chamomile tea.  I have no idea if
this will help or not, but it couldn't hurt.
maria