HELP! Gnats in houseplants/soil taking over!!!!!!

Michael L Roginsky d_micro at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 11 15:49:12 EST 1996

In <4kabc3$n8q at mack.rt66.com> spider at Rt66.com (Maria) writes:

>In article <3164E7EA.1253 at dartmouth.edu>, sheilatrask at dartmouth.edu
>says...
>>
>>Kevin Bryant wrote:
>>>
>>> Our houseplants are being over-run by these nasty little gnats that
>>> are literally EVERYWHERE.
>>
>This is a question I have had at times, and it seems they only appear
>when my plants are unhealthy, or stressed, and primarily on only those
>plants.  some of your other responses have indicated they are fungus
>gnats.  I recently came across some information that fungus in potted
>plant soil can be controlled by using chamomile tea.  I have no idea
if
>this will help or not, but it couldn't hurt.
>maria

I agree with you Maria, but I'd rather treat the soil with dry
Diazanon, the phosphorus based insecticide used to treat lawns plagued
by beetle grubs. If used with care Diazanon is not harmfull to warm
blooded creatures. Keep toddlers away from Diazanon. Although the ld/50
per lb of bidy weight is quite high, I do not allow my grandkids to
come in oral contact with the substance. Just plain safe practice.
Diazanon is deadly to bugs acting as a cntact poison.

:)..Micro, alive and not a microbe!