HELP! Gnats in houseplants/soil taking over!!!!!!

dennis goos dennis_goos at mindlink.net
Thu Apr 11 22:32:23 EST 1996

maarten.vanhelden at medew.ento.wau.nl (Maarten van Helden) wrote:

{SNIPPED}
>They are indeed fungus gnats. They normally feed on decaying matter and
{SNIPPED}
 I have fungus gnats ,not very severe, in the greenhouse. I am  using "Oasis"
-florist foam - as a rooting media and have a few -approximately 120 trays- of
peat moss filled plugs in the same ghse for Gaultheria seedlings.  The gnats
live in the peat moss I assume, but the flies also swarm all over the foam at
times and I presume they are living in it as well. Do you think they can live in
the artificial media and feed only on the rooting cuttings ?

dennis
(Dennis & Mally) dennis_goos at mindlink.net