Small college compliance with OSHA, help

Scott T. Meissner smeissne at PRAIRIENET.ORG
Wed Apr 17 16:53:25 EST 1996

I am looking for information on how small colleges
handle complying with OSHA regulations.

The college I am at has less than a thousand students,
and has one science building.  There are fifty full time
faculty, and five of these are "lab" faculty.

If you are working at a college of similar size, how is
your college handling inspections, training, and other
practices mandated by OSHA and your state?  Is there
a faculty member assigned to this task?  If so, what
compensation is given?  Does someone in the administration
take this on?  How many people, in which department?
Does your college use outside consultants?

I would appreciate any information you are willing to
share relating to this.

Thank you for your time.

Scott T. Meissner, Division of Science and Mathematics
	McKendree College, 701 College Rd, Lebanon, IL  62254
	Tel: (618) 537-6934
	E-mail: smeissne at prairienet.org or smeissne at a1.mckendree.edu