HELP HELP HELP needed with RNA extraction

Paul A Bucciaglia bucci001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Mon Aug 5 16:47:19 EST 1996

I don't have any experienc with guanidine-based RNA extractions, but I
have had pretty good luck with either the standard phenol:chloroform
based extraction or a modified protocol by Schultz et al (Plant Mol.
Biol Reporter 12 (4), p310. 1994).  This  worked very well when extracting
RNA from Populus leaves, although I didn't try any woody tissues. Doesn't
require a CsCl step, which I personally hate doing.  RNA was clean,
intact, and reverse transcribed well.

Good luck,

Paul Bucciaglia