Riparian Plants

Mycos williams at netshop.net
Tue Aug 13 12:34:40 EST 1996

Kristiaan Stuart <kstuart at ecst.csuchico.edu> wrote:

>I am looking for information on riparian plants and their soil association
>types.  Some are pretty obvious such as Salix being viable in coarse
>substrates (sands and gravels).  However, I am looking for research data
>to base management plans on... it seems as though this info is scarce.
>Any information would be greatly appreciatred!

>			"So little time, so much to learn!"

>Kristiaan Stuart
>kstuart at ecst.cuschico.edu

I have a book here , "Indicator Plants of Coastal British Columbia"
(Klinka , Krajina, et al (sorry guys)) that gives the ecological
preferences of a wide variety of plants.

e.g.
Salix bebbiana:
"Scattered to plentiful on nitrogen medium soils, especially in
disturbed and early seral communities, common in floodplains. May
hinder natural regeneration and growth of shade-tolerant conifers."

If you have a particular plant in mind, I'll see if it's listed. Hope
I can be of help.

                        Gary Williams <williams at netshop.net>

P.S. Although this book is for coastal B.C. , most of the plants are
not restricted to it.