Riparian Plants

Len Walde sigma at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 13 22:53:18 EST 1996

In <Pine.HPP.3.95.960811213429.12294A-100000 at steroid.ecst.csuchico.edu>
Kristiaan Stuart <kstuart at ecst.csuchico.edu> writes:

>I am looking for information on riparian plants and their soil
association
>types.  Some are pretty obvious such as Salix being viable in coarse
>substrates (sands and gravels).  However, I am looking for research
data
>to base management plans on... it seems as though this info is scarce.
>Any information would be greatly appreciatred!

------

>			"So little time, so much to learn!"
>

>Kristiaan Stuart
>kstuart at ecst.cuschico.edu

Re: Plants
Hi: you have taken on a great search. I suggest you start by searching
the Web under "Wetlands" and/or "Engineered Wetlands" you will find a
number of plants mentioned which should lead to others and so on.
If you succeed in developing a list please send me a copy.
Regards, and good luck.

Len Walde, P.E.  sigma at ix.netcom.com