Native Plant Societies

Jennifer M. Thompson jennifer at aec.env.gov.ab.ca
Mon Aug 12 10:01:09 EST 1996

In article <4ujuq0$obl at cliff.island.net>, williams at netshop.net (Mycos) says:

>jmclaugh at netcom.ca(Jim McLaughlin) wrote:

>>    Pacific Northwest Native Plants site with links, sources etc.
>>        http://chemwww.chem. washington.edu./natives
>>
>>    Rae McLaughlin
>>    Vancouver, B.C.
>Had trouble sending email to your address, Jeniffer. What exactly are
>you trying to find? I'm from B.C. , the semi-arid interior (Kamloops).

I'm trying to contact people who would be willing to collect seed of
certain plants for use in a research project on weed biocontrol.  Since
you're from BC, maybe you could help.  I need the seeds of Asperula
arvensis.  It's not a native plant, and it's also supposed to grow in
Alberta, but I can't find it anywhere.  Any suggestions?

I did check the site above and got a positive response from the Oregon Native
Plant Society, so hopefully they'll be collecting seed for me shortly.