lowtech growth chambers

Michael L Roginsky d_micro at ix.netcom.com
Sun Aug 25 16:24:59 EST 1996

In <321B7F09.3098 at osuunx.ucc.okstate.edu> "james d. ownby"
<jdownby at osuunx.ucc.okstate.edu> writes:

>Our Botany Department needs a facility for growing rather large
numbers
>of plants for use in plant biology & physiology labs.  We have about
$25K
>to spend, but rather than buy 1-2 small reach-in growth chambers, we
are
>thinking about refurbishing a room, ~8' x 12', for the purpose:  light

>banks on timers, fans, benches, etc.  Does anyone know another school
>where this has been done?  If so, could I obtain plans or schematics
>describing the end result?
>  Thanks very much.
>
>Jim Ownby, Head
>Dept of Botany
>Okla State Univ

Hello Jim.........Not long ago I saw a PBS program that addressed this
subject. I think it was one of the Sat or Sun early AM programs
sponsored by plant growers. Try your local PBS info. They are in the
web at http://www.pbs.org/

:)Micro, alive, metabolizing, but not a microbe!Re: Dr. Julius Heinis,
1966.