BeanRef Newsletter 3/96

Mario Nenno [Bio.] nenno at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Mon Aug 26 06:33:20 EST 1996

                    BeanRef Newsletter No.3/96
      http://scaffold.biologie.uni-kl.de/Beanref/news396.htm

What's new in BeanRef?
----------------------

- The Cytogenetics section has been revised with more details and
  references about chromosome number, size, nuclear DNA amount,
  karyotype, and molecular cytogenetics.

  Thanks to Dr. Nagl there is a minireview about the polytene
  chromosomes of Phaseolus and other organisms with many references
  from literature.

- The search in BeanRef is no longer restricted to keywords, but
  is performed as a fulltext search.

- Pages of BeanRef got a background color and the navigation bar on
  top of each page is exchanged by graphical elements.

One year after
--------------
BeanRef came into being in August 1995. Since this time there is
a continous increase in the number of references and links as well as
a development in the user interface. Although I got very few comments
from BeanRef readers so far, I hope to fullfill your demands for an
up-to-date information system.

What is 'BeanRef'?
------------------

BeanRef contains references from literature and links to electronically
available information to different aspects of research on beans
 (genus Phaseolus and Vigna).

The content is devided into the sections:
- Germplasm Collections/ Taxonomy
- Molecular Biology/ Genetics
- Cytogenetics
- Production and Consumption
- Conferences, Organizations and Groups
- Databases
- Electronic and Printed Communication

BeanRef is available to everyone who can use WWW browsers like
NCSA Mosaic, Netscape or Lynx. The URL is:

	http://scaffold.biologie.uni-kl.de/Beanref/

| As BeanRef depends essentially on your contributions, don't hestitate |
| to send any comments, suggestions for further references and links.   |
| To send a feedback just click to the Feedback-button.                 |

     / Mario Nenno \\
| Universitaet Kaiserslautern    Tel.: +49 631 205 2880                 |
| Division of Cell Biology       Fax : +49 631 205 2998                 |
| D-67653 Kaiserslautern         Email: nenno at rhrk.uni-kl.de            |
| Germany                     http://scaffold.biologie.uni-kl.de/~nenno |