Germination of various conifers

Alfred Falk falk at
Thu Aug 29 11:54:05 EST 1996

In article <4vvrgc$gd8 at>, julie1call at (JULIE1CALL) wrote:
>Looking for reference material on how to germinate and grow various pines
>and spruces. In particular, I want to grow my own Colorado Blue Spruce,
>Austrian Pines, Red Pine and White Pine. Particularly, which need to be
>stored in cold storage for how long, which need to be burned.... Also want
>to grow, from seed, River Birch and White Birch.  Any ideas? Mail to
>julie1call at

The U.S. Department of Agriculture publishes (-ed?) a thick book called
something like "Seeds of Woody Plants".  It has precisely the information you
are looking for.

Alfred Falk                       falk at              A L B E R T A
Information Systems Dept          (403) 450-5185            R E S E A R C H
Box 8330, Station F                                           C O U N C I L
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6H 5X2