Kiwi and root fungus

Terry Brown tb at
Thu Dec 5 17:16:53 EST 1996

> robert weitkamp wrote:
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas on how to cure kiwi vines that have been
> > infected with root fungus (my best guess).  The leaves are dieing from
> > the edges in and dropping off.   New growth is affected the least.
> > Any ideas?

Trichderma in a sawdust mulch has been used to protect vines from
Armillaria root rot, I think.  I could dig up further details, but I'm
not sure whether the treatments effective retrospectively.

Cheers -Terry

Terry Brown                            Lincoln Environmental
B.Sc.(Hons) Microbiology               Private Bag 3062 Hamilton
Ph.D. Biological Simulation            NEW ZEALAND
email: brown at      Ph. +64 7 838 5901 Wk 855 9001 Hm Fax +64 7 838 5372