What kind of light plants prefers ?

Amy Knutson aknutson at PEAK.ORG
Thu Dec 19 12:15:38 EST 1996

Perhaps he mentioned these because regular incandescent bulbs are high in
the red spectrum but deficient in the blue which is necessary for
vegetative growth. Flourescents and lights made especially for plants are
adequate but lower in intensity and less efficient than high-intensity
discharge lamps. Your choice of light system should depend on your crop
needs. For tropical fruit-bearing plants, such as citrus or bananas, your
best bet would probably be high-pressure sodium lamps.

-Amy Knutson
The Growing EDGE Magazine
341 S.W. 2nd Street
P.O. Box 1027