Salt & Pepper plant?

Jon E. King jking at unm.edu
Tue Dec 24 11:04:20 EST 1996

My fiance recently acquired a "Salt & Pepper" plant from a friend,
apparently so named because the new shoots/leaves have these small
salt-crystal-looking things on them and the older leaves get black
spots on the undersides of the leaves (it makes the plant look somewhat
diseased but that's apparently the way it is supposed to look).

Does anybody know the latin name for this plant?  We haven't been able
to find it in any books under the name "Salt & Pepper."  It was
purchased at a local greenhouse but the manager doesn't seem to know
either...

TIA for any info,

Jon

----
Jon E. King
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131
jking at eece.unm.edu | http://www.eece.unm.edu/students/jking