Hormodin rooting hormones-looking for sources

Hortus hortus at worldnet.att.net
Sat Dec 28 23:44:19 EST 1996

The 'correct' answer to my question is

Hormodin is a rooting hormone which was terminated in 1994 by the US
EPA. It is not legal now.

The exact replacement is Rhizopon AA in use, product designation number,
and active ingredient, used to promote rooting of cuttings by dry dip
method:
Rhizopon AA #1 (0.1% IBA)
Rhizopon AA #2 (0.3% IBA)
Rhizopon AA #3 (0.8% IBA)

I found that the US master distributor is V-J Growers Supply
800-327-5422

regards
Joel
ps: Sigma only sells products which are illegal to use for plant growing
except in the lab and they sell only limited qty and not for growers.