IBA ... available YES!

Hortus hortus at worldnet.att.net
Mon Dec 30 17:11:11 EST 1996

Jerry Heverly wrote:

> Can someone tell me if IBA(Indolbutyric Acid) is imminently going to be
> banned by the EPA from retail sale in the U.S.?
> Jerry Heverly
> heverlyj at ccnet.com
>
> --
>
> Jerry Heverly, Oakland, CA

The simple answer to your question is ABSOLUTELY NOT...now and into the
future!
IBA is alive and well.
Our company has registrations for both dry powder rooting hormones. We
will continue to maintain these applications.

Rhizopon AA #1 (0.1% IBA)
Rhizopon AA #2 (0.3% IBA)
Rhizopon AA #3 (0.8% IBA)
and
Rhizopon AA Water Soluble Tablets to make your own fresh solutions for
basel dips, immerse and spray application.

These are available from your local Hort supplier.
Your supplier should order from master distrbutor V-J Growers Supply
800-327-5422
or you can order from V-J direct

If you formerly used Hormodin then the #1, #2 and #3 have the same
active ingredient, same method of application and same product
designation #

For your information basic information follows

Regards
Joel Kroin
Hortus USA
PO Box 1956 Old Chelsea Sta
New York NY 10113
hortus at worldnet.att.net

Rhizopon AA #1, #2 and #3 Rooting Powders: Dry Dip Application

Rhizopon AA #1, #2 and #3 dry powder rooting hormones (3 concentrations)
are used to propagate new plants from cuttings by the dry dip method.
The powders are formulated to slow release the active ingredients by
that achieving high production yields and uniform symmetric roots.

	Rhizopon AA #1 (0.1% IBA): use to root herbaceous, leaf, greenwood
	and softwood cuttings.
	Rhizopon AA #2 (0.3% IBA): use to root herbaceous, greenwood,
	softwood and hardwood cuttings.
	Rhizopon AA #3 (0.8% IBA): use to root greenwood, softwood and
	hardwood cuttings including hard to root cuttings.
Rhizopon AA Water Soluble Tablets:  Solution Application

Rhizopon AA Water Soluble Tablet rooting hormones are used to propagate
new plants from cuttings by economical spray or dip methods. The tablets
contain 20% IBA TGAI  in measured doses. Growers make their own fresh
solutions in any concentration by counting tablets. Use to root
herbaceous, leaf, greenwood, softwood and hardwood cuttings, house
plants and woody plants. Rhizopon AA solutions improve transplanting and
growth by building strong fibrous roots.
Propagation of plants by the rooting of cuttings is not a mystery.
Take cuttings at the proper time from carefully selected stock plants.
Use a successful rooting method with the optimum concentration of
Rhizopon
AA rooting hormones.
Take care of the cuttings.
It is important to do testing and keep records to produce the best
results and successful repeat rooting.

Select the appropriate Rhizopon product. Use the following guides.
Use the lowest concentration of Rhizopon AA to do the job.
For herbaceous and tender woody cuttings use Rhizopon AA #1 or #2 dry
powder or Rhizopon AA Water Soluble Tablets to make a solution.
For woody cuttings use Rhizopon AA #2 or #3 dry powder or Rhizopon AA
Water Soluble Tablets to make a solution.

To root cuttings the method of treatment is your choice!
Use either the dry-dip powder method or a liquid application method.
Rhizopon AA is integrated family of dry powder and liquid applied
rooting
hormone products.

The time of the year may change the method and concentration.
Cuttings of the same plant variety may root better using Rhizopon AA by
powder or liquid.
Greenwood cuttings from one plant may root better with liquid treatment.
Later in the growing season more woody cuttings from the same plant may
root better with powder treatment.

Rhizopon AA is  productive.
When treating many cuttings, such as chrysanthemums, use low
concentrations of Rhizopon AA Water Soluble Tablets by the total immerse
or spray drip-down methods. These methods use minimum labor.

Rhizopon AA is economical.
When treating many different types of cuttings that require different
hormone concentrations the Rhizopon AA #1, #2 and #3 dry powers have an
advantage. Switching from one concentration to another is easy.

Rhizopon AA is cost effective.
When treating many small production lots Rhizopon AA #1, #2 and #3 dry
powders do not need special preparation. They are ready to use.

Rhizopon AA Water Soluble Tablets can be made into concentrations for
any
use. Rhizopon AA Water Soluble Tablets are made into solutions by the
user ranging from very dilute to extremely concentrated. With a diverse
selection of plant varieties to root, Rhizopon AA Water Soluble Tablets
may be the one product to use for all of them.

Rhizopon AA Water Soluble Tablets are used by various methods to root
plant
cuttings.  When treating many cuttings total immerse dip them in a
basket
then plant. Many cuttings are treated by spray drip-down; first plant
then
spray the solution onto the cuttings until there is drip down. By quick
dip
the basal end of the cuttings are immersed in the solution then planted.

RHIZOPON AA #1, #2 AND #3 dry powder rooting hormones are used to
propagate
plants from cutting by the Dry-Dip Method. They are ready to use in
three
concentrations.

Rhizopon  AA #1 is the lowest concentration.
Use to root cuttings of house, foliage, tropical and hardy ornamental
plants. Herbaceous, leaf, greenwood and softwood cuttings.

Rhizopon AA #2 is the intermediate concentration.
Use to root cuttings of house, foliage, tropical and hardy ornamental
plants. Herbaceous, greenwood, softwood and hardwood cuttings.

Rhizopon AA #3 is the highest concentration.
Use to root cuttings of more difficult to root woody ornamental plants.
Softwood & hardwood cuttings.

Propagate Plants from Cuttings Using the Dry Dip Method.
Take plant cuttings, usually stem, root or leaf cuttings.
Woody cuttings are usually wounded by making a 3/4" notch at the basal
end.
Herbaceous cuttings are not wounded.
Dip the basal end of the plant cuttings into the appropriate Rhizopon AA
#1,
#2 or #3 dry powder rooting hormone.
Plant the cuttings immediately after treating and take care of them.

RHIZOPON AA WATER SOLUBLE TABLETS plant growth regulator rooting
hormones
are used to propagate plants from cuttings and to improve the growth of
rooted plants. Users make their own solutions and apply to cutting and
plants by dip, soil soak, or spray.
Propagate Plants from Cuttings Using Solutions.
Take plant cuttings, usually stem, root or leaf cuttings.
Woody cuttings are usually wounded by making a 3/4" notch at the basal
end.
Herbaceous cuttings are not wounded.
Make up a Rhizopon Water Soluble Tablet solution using the appropriate
concentration. Using the Spray Drip-Down Method first plant then treat.
Using the Immersion, Quick Dip, or the Total Immerse Method first treat
then
plant.
Take care of the cuttings.

Immersion Method.
Immerse the basal end of cuttings approximately 1" in the solution for
4-12
hours. Plant the cuttings immediately.
Herbaceous and woody cuttings: 1-3 tab/l. water.

Quick Dip Method.
Immerse the basal end of cuttings approximately 1" in the solution for a
few
seconds. Plant the cuttings immediately.
Herbaceous cuttings, tropical plants, house plants, roses, etc:
3-10 tab/l. water.
Chrysanthemum: 4-10 tab/l. water.
Softwood cuttings: 20 tab/l.
Hardwood cuttings: 40 tab/l.
Difficult to root hardwood cuttings: 100-400 tab/l.

Total Immerse Method.
Immerse the whole cuttings in the solution for a few seconds. Plant the
cuttings.
Herbaceous cuttings, chrysanthemum, plumbago, ivy, clematis, delphinium,
lavender, ficus, potted rose bushes, etc.: 1-5 tab/l. water.
Softwood cuttings, hydrangea, pieris, hedera, etc: 1-6 tab/l. water.
Hardwood cuttings, conifers, etc: 4-10 tab/l. water.

Spray Drip Down Method.
Plant the cuttings. Spray the  solution onto the leaves and stems until
drip down.
Herbaceous cuttings, chrysanthemum, begonia, dieffenbachia, heath,
hibiscus, etc: 1-5 tab/l. water.