Phragmites nutrient info needed

Dan Wold danw at panix.com
Mon Feb 5 00:22:14 EST 1996

[ Article crossposted from sci.environment ]
[ Author was Dan Wold ]
[ Posted on 5 Feb 1996 00:21:25 -0500 ]

I'm posting the following for the Gaia Institute:
The Gaia Institute
Cathedral of St. John the Divine
Amsterdam Ave. at 112th St.
New York, NY 10025
ph 718 885-1906; Fax 718 885-0882
e-mail GAIAINST at AOL.com

Dear Dan,

We are looking for any information on nutrient limitation on Phragmites
australis. Information is sought regarding how Phragmites may control
nutrient pools, especially phosphate. Specifically, we would like to know how
Phragmites competitive success is related to water use efficiency, water
holding capacity and peat generation, nutrient limitation and the control of
nutrient pools on the part of Phragmites  clones and populations.

Paul S. Mankiewicz, Ph.D. is the executive director of the Gaia Institute, a
center for research, development, design and education on the local to global
capacities of organisms as architects of environmental quality. Among other
research activities, the Institute is involved in the development of 'wastes
into resources technologies' based on the activities of organisms in air
filtration, water purification, and the production of soil and compost from
organic wastes.  Current Gaia Institute project areas include:

A. Food Waste Composting/Urban Rooftop Greenhouse Project
B. Restored, Enhanced, and Constructed Natural Systems for Stormwater, and
Wastewater Treatment and the Bioremediation of Toxics.
 C. NYC Watershed Initiative, to incorporate enhanced and restored natural
system   to improve watershed function and drinking water quality.

-something like this should do it.

talk to you tomorrow,

paul
Please email me any info. You may also send email to gaiainst at aol.com.

Many thanks,
-Dan

--danw at panix.com
Daniel Wold                               239 City Island Ave,Bronx,NY,10464
finger danw at danw.dialup.access.net
"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens." -- Baha'u'llah
--danw at panix.com
Daniel Wold                               239 City Island Ave,Bronx,NY,10464
finger danw at danw.dialup.access.net
"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens." -- Baha'u'llah