sex determination in dioecious plants

yorion yorion at bonsmtp.ksc.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 8 13:29:00 EST 1996

In article <1996Feb6.082712.11805 at news.unige.ch>, dschalle at sc2a.unige.ch
says...

>Hi,
>a considerable amount of work has been done on sex determination in
>animals  ( drosophila, caenorhabditis, vertebrate) and in yeast, but I
>have never seen something published on the genetics or the molecular
>mechanisms of sex determination in dioecious plants like yews, holly
>or Actinidia.
>I would be very interested if somebody could add any comments on this
>topic.
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Dominique Schaller
>Department of Biochemistry
>University of Geneva
>Geneva
>Switzerland
>dschalle at sc2a.unige.ch

Dominique
	I saw your request and just ran across a paper that deals with
sex determination genetics in Cannabis sativa.  The reference is as
follows:

Sakamota, K., et al. (1995). A Male-Associated DNA Sequence in a
Dioecious Plant, Cannabis sativa L.  Plant Cell Physiology 36(8):
1549-1554.

I don't know much about the subject, but I thought you may be interested.

Neil