HID lights for flowers/veggies

rexs13 rexs13 at teleport.com
Thu Feb 8 02:13:44 EST 1996

In article <3113EAE8.30B52C17 at bigbird.stark.k12.oh.us>, Susan Dobbs
<sed2nc at bigbird.stark.k12.oh.us> wrote:

> Please excuse this second posting, but the first has
> disappeared.
>
> I am planning to grow vegetables and flowers hydroponically
> in an indoor light room.  Does anyone have experience with
> the metal halide and high pressure sodium lights?
> Specifically, would they provide an adequate spectrum, and
> would 2000W or 3000W be enough intensity for a 12x12 growing
> room?
>
> Thank you very much!

For info about hydro systems and HID lighting, read  "The Growing Edge" a
magazine published by Tom Alexander. I believe that he has a website. The
zine covers most aspects of indoor gardening and has interviews with
successful commercial managers.

rexs13

--
***Today mushrooms feed me, tomorrow, I them.***