How to kill a tree?

Marti Rijken mrijken at inter.NL.net
Fri Feb 9 13:59:41 EST 1996

I hope planting trees gets as much attention as this thread, but
nevertheless I would like to share the following experience with you.

My father was annoyed by the multitude of roots in his lawn of his
favorite Prunus serrulata. A friend told him to put copper nails in
the roots to let them disappear. Well, he was right. The roots
disappeared... because the tree died after a few months...

Was my father just unlucky, or is copper really this bad for trees?
--

   @..@    Marti Rijken   mrijken at inter.NL.net
  (----)   http://dds.nl/~mrijken/