Grapefruit soil conditions and interior growth

Paul T. Riddell priddell at onramp.net
Sun Feb 18 01:53:38 EST 1996

I realize that I'll probably take grief for doing it in the first
place, but I have a potted grapefruit tree at home, and I need to get
a little more information on the tree.  (Just in case someone asks, it
started from a seed dropped in a pot by accident, and it's quite
healthy, thank you very much)  I have been unable to find any
information on grapefruits, in particular soil conditions, sunlight
needs, the necessity of spraying (after all, it's an indoor tree for
most of the year), and suggestions on pruning and general husbandry.
Seeing as how this monster is doing a charitable impersonation of
Audrey II (I never knew grapefruit trees had spines until this one
shot up), any help would be greatly appreciated.

  Cordially,

  Paul T. Riddell
  http://www.merid.com
  Check out our VRML page...