Yeast contamination in plant tissue culture

rniedz at ASRR.ARSUSDA.GOV rniedz at ASRR.ARSUSDA.GOV
Wed Feb 21 08:35:44 EST 1996

Florigene.

Chlotrimazole has been used to eliminate yeast contamination from plant
tissue cultures (see Shields et al. Plant Cell Rep. 3:33-36, 1984).
Pulsen (Acta Hort. 225:193-197, 1988) reported that chlotrimazole only
worked on one of 2 yeast strains.  Iminooctadine (10ug/ml) controlled both
strains but was toxic at 0.1 ug/ml.

R. Niedz
USDA, ARS