Request American English Enzyme Names

rniedz at ASRR.ARSUSDA.GOV rniedz at ASRR.ARSUSDA.GOV
Fri Feb 23 11:29:17 EST 1996

Meicelase - a product of Meiji Seika Kaisha Ltd., 8, Kyobashi 2-Chome,
Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan.  I do not know if this is still available.  It is
a cellulase.  If you cannot find this try Cellulase "Onozuka" R10 from
Yakult listed below.

Macerozyme R10 - a product of Yakult Pharmaceutical, 1-1-19,
Higashi-Shinbashi, Minato-Ku, Tokyo, 105, Japan.  Their fax no. is (03)
3574-7254.  It costs $39/10 g.  It is a pectinase.

Rhozyme HP150 - a product of Rhome & Haas, Springhouse, PA, 19002 - I do
not have a phone number but the area code is 215. I do not know if it is
still available, but it was used as a hemicellulase.

CPW13M Medium - Cell
Protoplast Wash Medium with 13% mannitol - 1st
published by Frearson et al. (Dev. Biol. 33:130-137, 1973).  This medium
is not sold but must be made from various stock solutions.

R. Niedz
Research Geneticist
USDA, ARS
Orlando, FL