How do I initiate a plant single cell suspension culture???

James Froggatt bmbjrf at biovax.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Feb 26 07:36:16 EST 1996

Can anybody provide me with a method for the initiation
of a plant cell culture from raw plant material. I appreciate
that these methods may vary according to the plant material
used, so could anyone give me guidelines for the intitiation of
a cell culture using Arabidopsis thaliana as the initial material.
I have carried out several protoplast/cell isolation procedures
but have been stumped when trying to induce cell division in
solution.