RNA isolation from plants

Xiao-Hui Wang xhwang at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 27 18:44:34 EST 1996

Hi there,

I have isolated Arabidopsis total RNA using "RNeasy Plant Total RNA Kit"
produced by QIAGEN. It works pretty well, fast (about one hour per
sample) and giving no degaradation. I suggest for the first try you
purchase a smallest package of KIT (20) (Cat. No. 74903) for 20 samples.
As I started to use this new product, I got a testing price of $ 50/ a
package, recently it has become $80/pkg.

Xiaohui Wang

>Has anyone had any experience with commercial kits from rapid isolation
of
total or poly-A+ Rna from plant tissue? If so, what is your experience?
Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks