thrips

alt alt at mycogen.com
Thu Feb 29 15:21:51 EST 1996

I am managing a research greenhouse culturing mostly agronomic
crops.  Lately I have also been doing a good job of culturing thrips. I
believe the species that is occupying my greenhouses is Frankliniella
occidentalis(western flower thrip;I made need help with my ID).  Trying
to manage this pest has been a challenge to say the least. I would like
to open this topic for discussion in the context of utilization of an
integrated pest management program(IPM).   I define the components of an
IPM program as follows. Monitering,Chemical,Biological,Cultural,and
Physical. I would like to begin this chat with taking a look at the life
cycle of the thrip and looking at possible openings of vulnerability.