Looking for hanging Lycopodium plants

Scott Russell srussell at ou.edu
Tue Jan 2 19:06:48 EST 1996

We are trying to grow Lycopodium at the University of Oklahoma under
challenging conditions (the temperature range is from 60 in the winter to 100
or so in the summer).  Our attempts to grow terrestrial species have been
unsuccessful, likely because of this.  Therefore, we are asking for help
finding tropical species for this purpose, which are commonly epiphytes.

If you have or know the whereabouts of such a plant, please email us at the
address below.  We would be willing to buy or trade for a specimen that will
live here.  We have about 350 species here, mostly out of systematics
education interest.  This is for my graduate morphology of vascular plants
class this spring.  Thanks in advance for your help!!

Scott D. Russell                     Internet:  srussell at ou.edu
Dept of Botany & Microbiology        Phone:     (405) 325-6234
 & Noble Electron Microscopy Lab     FAX:       (405) 325-7619
University of Oklahoma, Norman OK    http://www.ou.edu/research/electron/
 73019-0245   USA                   & http://www.ou.edu/cas/botany-micro/