toxicity information

m.lee mikaline at netcom.com
Fri Jan 5 19:14:07 EST 1996

Don Kellett (icfke at ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: I have run into a dead end in a search for toxicity and/or exposure
: information for plants and the following list of organic chemicals.
: Any information or references provided would be greatly appreciated.

: Thanks in advance,

: Don Kellett
: ICF Kaiser Engineers
: Lakewood, CO
: icfke at ix.netcom.com

: CHEMICALS
: butylbenzylphthalate
: di-n-butylphthalate
: 4,4'DDE
: 4,4'DDT
: anthracene
: benzo[b]fluoranthene
: fluoranthene
: naphthalene
: phenanthrene
: pyrene

Well, for openers, anyone who ships them has to supply a MSDS, a
Material Safety Data Sheet, and thereon is the CAS registry #,
toxicological info, etc

z.B., my free Aldrich catalog entry for "Pyrene"

	[129-00-0]   FW 202.26   mp 149-151   Beil 5,693    Fieser 4,414
	Merck Index 11,7977    NMR 2(1),770A FT-IR 1(1),967B
	Safety 2,2988A     RTECS# UR2450000    Disp. A

which are the CAS #, the formula weight, the melting point, the Beilstein
reference, the flash point, the Merck Index reference, the Aldrich
Library of NMR/FT-IR Spectra references, the Sigma-Aldrich Library of
Chemical Safety Data reference, the Reference to Registry of Toxic
Effects of Chemical Substances, and the Waste Disposal Guidelines reference

Granted this tox info is animal-based, but once you have the CAS # you can
search any of the databases for plant toxicities, CAOnline, BIOSIS, CABI,
etc.  Sounds like you're anticipating problems of some kind - good luck!

ml

mikaline at netcom.com