Rose of Jericho

Marco_Bleeker mbleeker at
Sun Jan 7 02:22:39 EST 1996

>Rose of Jericho (Anastatica hierochuntica) is one of the resurrection

Another name for those sort of plants is 'tumble weed' - quite well known on
your side of the ocean I believe :-)  In fact I think the "Rose of Jericho"
that can be bought is more often a SELAGINELLA species from Mexico.
Selaginella is a fern, but belonging to a very seperate group. It makes male
and female spores, the female ones being relatively big and not unlike seeds -
protected against a hostile climate.

I wonder, is this Selaginella being grown somewhere for the market, or is it
just robbed from nature ?

bye, Marco

<mbleeker at>---------------------<Marco Bleeker, Amsterdam, NL>