Corn information

Marty Sachs msachs at
Tue Jan 9 18:01:25 EST 1996

Try the Maize Database <>.

Also try the Maize Page

In article <4cugvh$5ie at>, gicgroup at (GicGroup)

:I am looking for some basic information on certain types of corn.
:Specifically, what are these types of corn used for, and who could I talk
:to to get more information regarding each type, how much is produced of
:each type in the U.S., and where do we export it to.
:The types are:
:Dent Corn
:Flour Corn (corn designed strictly for flower production?)
:Starchy/Sweet corn
:Waxy Corn
:High Amylase Corn
:#4 High amino acid corn (high riesen, rising ?)
:Hard Endosperm Corn
:High-oil corn
:Any help on basic information about these types would be helpful as I am
:new to corn as a whole.
:Matthew A. Marks
:gicgroup at

Marty Sachs                 msachs at     (217) 244-0864

         Maize Genetics Cooperation - Stock Center
S123 Turner Hall            maize at [stock requests]
1102 S. Goodwin Ave.        (217) 333-6631 [phone]
Urbana, IL  61801-4798      (217) 333-6064 [FAX]
                HTTP:// [URL]