Tomatoes

Charles Hesselein chessele at acenet.auburn.edu
Wed Jan 10 08:41:20 EST 1996

In <4cqu1j$80b at news.worldlinx.com> tjohnson at feldspar.com (Legalize!) writes:

>I've got tomatoes growing and they have many yellow flowers on them.
>Why is it that I'm not getting any tomotoes!?  The flowers just drop
>off or shrivel and die!

Tomatoes flowers need a little help with pollenation.  Some people use
vibrators which shake the flower and pollen from the anthers onto the
stigma.  Some people just shake the whole plant.  Some commercial growers
but bumble bees to work for this purpose.

Hope this helps!

Chazz

*    Charles P. (Chazz) Hesselein         *
*    Extension Horticulturist, ACES       *
*    chesssele at acenet.auburn.edu          *
*    1-334-342-2366  fax: 1-334-342-1022  *