Chlorine in tap water harmful to plants?

Eric Grunden egrunden at
Wed Jan 10 01:34:15 EST 1996

In a previous article, tpatter at (TPatter) says:

>I was wondering if anyone knew if the cholorine in city tap water is
>harmful to plants.  I've been misting my fig tree's leaves and branches
>now that it's Winter (and therefore, very dry) and I do not wish to harm
>the plant.

I don't know about the chlorine, but I have read that the fluorine
in city water can cause necrosis in certain plant species.

The Spirit of Nature, a powerful force,
	belongs and returns to its creative source.
- Excerpted from The Collective Works of Johnny Pokerface -