Looking for Tomato Info?

Ray Dobert rdobert at NALUSDA.GOV
Thu Jan 11 13:32:56 EST 1996

Keith,

We have a series of bibliographies on Transgenic Tomatoes at our website at:
http://www.inform.umd.edu:8080/EdRes/Topic/AgrEnv/Biotech/Bibliographies/
The bibliographies include references from the Agricola database from
January 1984 - Sept. 1995.

We also have a document from the Iowas State Biotech Info. Series
entitled "GENETICALLY ENGINEERED FRUITS AND VEGETABLES" that includes
some info on tomatoes.  It is at :
http://www.inform.umd.edu:8080/EdRes/Topic/AgrEnv/Biotech/Education.res/
iastate.info/bio8.txt
or in Acrobat/pdf format at:
http://www.exnet.iastate.edu/Pages/communications/Publications_Homepage.html
#biotechnology

You might also want to link to an article by FDA on the approval of the
FlavrSavr tomato at http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/biotech.txt

Good luck.

Ray Dobert
Biotech Info. Center, NAL/ARS/USDA