Will you help me please????????

Robert G. Knox knox at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 11 16:32:43 EST 1996

In article lv7 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk, "Christoph Metelmann" <chandvel at inet.uni-c.dk> writes:
> In message 6 Jan 1996 10:03:33 GMT,
>   DR Peter J Harris <P.J.Harris at reading.ac.uk>  writes:
>
> > Re:Dusty Miller
> >
> > The name I have is Artemisia stellerana
> >
> The name I have here in Denmark for Artemisia stellerana of the Asteraceae
> family ( or Compositae family ) is Hoary Mugwort.  I do not know where you
> got Artemisia from.  I am using Clive Stace - New Flora of the British
> Isles.  --  Chris

Britton & Brown's (1913[1970]) _An Illustrated Flora of the Northern
United States and Canada_ says that the foliage of _Artemisia
stelleriana_ Bess., also called "Beach Wormwood," is ". . . similar
to that of the dusty miller, _Cineraria maritima_ L."

Common names may be common, but they ain't standard.

Cheers,
Bob Knox

- Robert G. Knox
- Biospheric Sciences Branch, Code 923
- NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD  20771
- knox at spruce.gsfc.nasa.gov