m.lee mikaline at
Wed Jan 17 01:33:02 EST 1996

Dean Fields (meridian at wrote:
: What is the term for the ability to change sex?

Well, in parrotfish it's called being protogynous hermaphrodites and in 
clownfish being protandrous hermaphrodites - starting as one and ending 
up the other.  I can't remember a more general term, nor can I think of 
an analogous situation in plants.


More information about the Plantbio mailing list