Christmas Trees

Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr. raiar at inlink.com
Mon Jan 22 21:52:11 EST 1996

Chris Mobbs <cmobb at hookup.net> wrote:

>Can anyone please offer references, books , articles  etc on how to grow
>Christmas Trees (commercially) on a few acres. I have tried many searches
> unfruitfully so far...
>Thank you
>             Chris
>cmobbs at hookup.net

How can you compete?  What is sold as xmas trees are cut in the fall,
wild from the mountains and stored till winter above the fall line.

Very few are hand trimmed or pruned and resold for xmas trees.

Although I know millions of trees are sold each year, I for one only
purchase balled and burlapped trees that I can keep and plant in the
early spring.

TTUL

Gary