Effect of music on plant growth

Brian the Great info at goldengate.net
Wed Jan 31 14:52:30 EST 1996

dennis fitzgerald <dennisf at pop.clandjop.com> wrote:

>I am in the 8th grade, researching the effect that music has on plant
>growth; does anyone have any information or references discussing this??

Sounds of other living things, in general, are good for plants since
they can't talk. Abnormal BOOMS, screems, etc. will not help a plant.
A TV or simple conversation will help a plant. Then again, music helps

They prefer a stable pattern of sound - which music offers. It's
sooths the human animal...why not a plant.