How to kill a tree?

Michael L Roginsky d_micro at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 31 17:21:43 EST 1996

In <tiburon-3001962028570001 at b0.westworld.com> tiburon at westworld.com
writes:

>I have wrestled with this problem for quite some time.  Killing trees
>me is like burning books, but I'm at the end of my rope (or branch).
>
>There is a city pine tree which has grown out of control, has
destroyed
>the sidewalk and two drives, falling branches have damaged a dozen
cars,
>not to mention broken several home windows from the hard cones being
>thrown in the wind.  How the city managers ever let this species be
>planted is beyond me.
>
>The city has refused to even prune the tree in over 15 years and will
only
>touch it if it is sick or dead.  I love trees and want to see
something a
>little more appropriate in its place, which the city would do, IF
there
>was something wrong with the one in place.
>
>But now, how do we go about killing it clandestinely so that it
wouldn't
>be immediately apparent to the city?  Ideas?  People with similar
>problems?
>
>Help!
First of all you need to understand that being stealth is foremost. You
can peel the bark all the way arond it (ring it) thereby starving the
tree. This will be an obvious attempt. However, there is a chemical
that can be spread on the ground "on the drip line" that wil also make
a kill without outward evidence. If you want to know the chemical,
email back and I will tell you. :)...Micro, hater of kudzu and pine!