Question - Ficus Benj. bears fruit??

Helen+Paul nahrunh at citec.qld.gov.au
Tue Jul 2 02:07:57 EST 1996

Hi James

Yes that sounds like the fruits, they should go red then blackish
eventually.  Figs bear their flowers inside the fruit so you wouldn't
have seen them.  Tear one open and if it has lots of little (how do I
describe it?) fluffy pointy bits (aaargh!) and is hollow then it most
probably is the fruit.  If you have ever had a fresh edible fig (Ficus
carica) and opened it you would have seen similar 'things' in the middle.

Regards
Paul K.