Help needed: vegetation predictive modelling

Dan CARMODY carmody at aerg.canberra.edu.au
Mon Jul 29 02:09:00 EST 1996

Hi fellow botanists,

I need help with predictive modelling of vegetation particularly with
predicting spatial distirbution of species.

I am researching the soil seed bank of a pine plantation and the
adjoining Eucalyptus woodland to assess what is the seed bank for these
areas. From the data I collect, I hope to make a predictive model of
species distribution in response to a disturbance.

I would appreciate any pointers to suitable literature that anyone knows
about on vegetation predictive modelling.

Thanks for your help,

Dan Carmody,
Applied Ecology Research Group,
University of Canberra